This 4-hour virtual training is designed to present an overview of wind and solar power along with issues associated with integrating renewables into power grid. The material presented in this course will enable the attendee to get very good understanding of renewables.
- Types of wind power generation
- Short circuit output of each type of wind power generators
- Issues and solutions related to relay protection
- Harmonic generation by each type and solutions
- Impact of harmonics on transformers applied at renewable plants
- Impact of erratic loading on transformers
- Basic information of solar plants
- Harmonic generation by solar plants and solutions
- Relay protection applied at solar plants
- Setting orientation of solar panels to capture maximum energy
This training will be presented by Ed Khan of Doble Engineering Company.
CEU credits are available.
NETA CTDS can be requested directly from NETA upon presentation of the course completion certificate.