This virtual training is designed for engineers working in the area of relay protection. Engineers with varying level of experience will gain valuable information related to application and settings.
This theory course will provide a detailed information related to distance protection along with protective schemes such as step distance and communication assisted protection (DCB, POTT, DTT, etc.). The material is presented in a very easy to follow format.
- Basic working of distance relays
- Detailed theory of distance protection
- Mho and Quad characteristics
- What is zero sequence compensation
- Detailed analysis of step distance protection
- Criterion for settings time delays for various zones
- Shortcomings of step distance
- Basics of communication assisted protection
- Communication channels
- Detailed description of POTT, DCB, and DTT.
This training will be presented by Ed Khan of Doble Engineering Company.
CEU credits are available.
NETA CTDS can be requested directly from NETA upon presentation of the course completion certificate.