This course will cover the testing of simple overcurrent relays such as time overcurrent, under/overvoltage, and over/under frequency electromechanical relays.
- Introduction to protection
- Reading a three line diagram and schematic diagram
- Construction and operating principles of electromechanical relays (induction disk, plunger type, magnetic attraction type)
- Construction and operating principles of microprocessor relays.
- How to read characteristic curves
- How to use characteristic curves to come up with operating times
- How is directionality determined
- Operating and polarizing quantities
- Hands on testing of overcurrent relays
Hands on testing of over/under voltage relays and over/under frequency relays
Hands on testing of directional over current relays
This course is intended for Junior level technicians who are involved with testing of electro-mechanical/microprocessor relays; Technicians who wish to enhance their knowledge of testing simple relays/elements such as overcurrent, over/under voltage and over/under frequency relays; Technicians who wish to learn how automated testing is performed in addition to the manual testing that they are practicing presently.