Substation Maintenance is an introductory class for the apprentice relay technician, substation technician or any beginning student that needs an introduction.
You will learn:
- Hazards and Safety in a substation
- Basic concepts of switching in a high voltage yard
- Review of mathematics involved with protective relays
- Review of Ohm’s Law
- Basic hand-held voltage measuring and detection devices
- Hands-on exercises testing voltage and current elements of protective relays
Pre-requisites for this course require attendees to have a knowledge of high school level trigonometry as well as relay technician and/or substation experience.