This webinar will provide participants a better understanding of how to assess the condition of electrical insulating materials and transformers using laboratory diagnostics. The webinar will highlight the most common analytical tests performed, how the tests are performed, and how to distinguish between normal gassing behavior and problems. Dissolved Gases in Oil, water in oil, quality of new and service aged oils, aging characteristics of cellulose, and the latest diagnostics for load tap changers (LTCs) will be covered. Developing problems can be detected at an early stage and then managed with further monitoring to detect serious deterioration or conditions that might result in failure. Important aspects of the sampling process for insulating liquids will be covered to help ensure that a representative sample of the bulk insulating liquid is obtained.
Upon completion of this webinar the Participant will be able to better:
- Detect the presence of incipient-fault conditions and how to categorize them
- Establish the correct method of analyzing moisture-in-oil results
- Understand how knowing insulating material aging characteristics can help extend asset life
- Proper oil sampling techniques and containers
- Leverage INSIDEVIEW® Insulating Oil Diagnostic Software
Presenter: David Koehler, Professional Services, Doble Insulation Material Laboratories