Partial Discharge Measuring
- Partial discharge (PD) measurements are a proven method for effective, non-destructive evaluation of electrical insulation.
- The PD2U provides a simple pushbutton interface with an LCD display. Display modes include a simple PD charge meter with adjustable “needle” sensitivity, monochrome phase-resolved PD patterns for characterization of defects, and a scope-like display showing phase-summed charge pulses superimposed with the applied voltage wave. High voltage is displayed showing the waveform and calculates Û, Û/√2, Urms.
- Although the PD2U is a stand-alone unit, it can be connected to a computer to capture screenshots or to implement remote control of the unit.
- A wide range of accessories are offered adapting the PD2U to specific testing applications and noise conditions.
- Measured results are in compliance with IEC 60270.
- Condition evaluation of insulation systems
- Quality assurance testing in manufacturing plants
- Routine testing in a variety of applications
- The PD2U offers convenient on-site testing of electrical equipment. The basic unit can be equipped with various options to suit special measurement requirements.
- This unit can be used with a full range of preamplifiers covering the IEC60270 standard and ultrasonic frequencies up to the UHF range (20 kHz-2 GHz).
- Cable PD location (Option). Equipped with a DSO board, the PD2U can be used to locate partial discharge defects in power cable. Using time domain reflectometry, in which the PD and its “echoes” travel the length of the cable under test, the PD2U provides the proportional distance of the PD fault along the cable. The additional DSO board samples the PD signal at 100M sample rate.
- MUX4 (Option). 4-channel multiplexer for testing three-phase equipment such as power transformers. For each channel the unit maintains an individual set-up and calibration.
Desktop Acquisition and Display Unit
- Voltage measurement
- Backlit LCD 240 x 128 dots
- Scope and meter display
- Auto-range function
- Automatic storage of current settings
- Internal (line 50/60 Hz) and external synchronization (15-510 Hz)
- Universal serial interface (USB, up to 921 kB)
||100-240 VAC, 50/60 Hz
||10°C – 45°C
||9 ³/8” (236 mm) W
11½” (295 mm) D
5¼” (133 mm) H
||7 lbs. (3 kgs)
Reference Voltage Input (BNC)
||1 MΩ / 200 pf
||Max. 120 V (rms)
Partial Discharge Signals
||50 Ω (without RPA)
|Low Frequency Cutoff
||40, 80, or 100 kHz
|High Frequency Cutoff
||250, 600, or 800 kHz
- 10-40°C, indoor/outdoor in fair weather
- Humidity <95% non-condensing
- Altitude <3300 ft (1000 meters)