- Electrical Inspections: corona effect localization, arcs on shields
- General Mechanical Inspections: motors, compressors, gears, bearing monitoring
- Gas, air, pressure leaks, leak detection without pressure or vacuum
- Aerospace Sector: airplane doors and windows, air tightness
The UD-1 is an ultrasonic detector designed for corona effect and arcing detection for predictive maintenance in electric utilities. Available with a variety of accessories, this instrument is a cost-effective must for any prevention plan.
- Insulation flaws are an important factor in wear, efficiency loss and lifespan reduction of an electrical network. Nowadays, it is important to be equipped with good tools in order to reduce operational costs and save valuable time. The UD-1 enables making remote acoustic inspections with great accuracy. The equipment is user friendly and does not necessitate any training. One of the advantages of the UD-1 is that it works just as well in noisy environments. The applications of the UD-1 are countless and make it a global leak detection tool: a must for any prevention and maintenance department.
Detection of Electrical Arcs and Corona Effects
- Electrical arcs in the air and corona effects emit sounds and ultrasounds. The role of the UD-1 consists of capturing emitted ultrasounds and translating them to the audible range. The UD-1 accurately pinpoints and identifies corona effects and arcs that may be encountered on any type of high voltage installation simply by scanning around the suspected area.
- The UD-1 sensor is positioned in a directional amplifier cone that is integrated in the front of the enclosure. An external parabolic sensor, which enables the user to pinpoint electrical defects from a longer distance, is also available. It easily connects on the side of the UD-1 and is equipped with a laser pointing device which enables pinpointing the ultrasound emission source. The dismountable parabolic sensor and the small dimensions of the UD-1 facilitate its use in the field and allows access to any type of installation.
- UD-1 instrument (Battery included)
- Battery charger
- Transportation hard case
- User Manual
- Calibration Certificate