This interactive 3-day seminar covers new transformer specifications, how to prequalify new and existing transformer manufacturers, factory inspections during manufacturing process, factory acceptance testing, transportation and installation and commissioning. Large power transformers represent a significant capital investment for any utility, industrial company or other end user. Ensuring that a good quality product is manufactured and delivered successfully should begin early in the procurement process.
According to the Institute of Asset Management, while only 5-15% of an asset’s life-cycle costs are incurred at the procurement phase, more than 80% of those life-cycle costs have been committed, so good procurement processes are critical to having an effective asset management strategy. The significant majority of critical transformers receive some sort of additional surveillance by the end user. Doble has performed transformer procurement consulting services for hundreds of clients purchasing transformers from more than 50 different manufacturing factories in over 20 countries globally. Learn from Doble’s extensive global experience.
Upon completion of this course, the participant will be able to:
- Prepare a transformer specification, which scrutinizes the most critical aspects of the transformer design and construction for a customer’s specified application.
- Perform factory qualification audits, which are essential to confirm a manufacturer’s ability to meet a purchaser’s requirements and expectations.
- Understand importance of factory witness inspections to provide independent verification to manufacturer’s design and manufacturing processes.
- Acquire knowledge essential for witnessing factory tests, preparation of test specification and reviewing certified test reports.
- Understand transportation considerations, installation and commissioning testing.
Electrical engineers working in operations, maintenance, engineering, or other service field in which knowledge of asset design, insulating fluid analysis or electrical testing methods and evaluation is required part of his job responsibility.
Courses would be taught by one of the following presenters:
- Jason Varnell – Transformer Consulting Engineer
- Dom Corsi – Senior Principal/ Transformer Consulting Engineer
- Simon Ryder – Senior Principal/ Transformer Consulting Engineer
Title: New Transformer Procurement Engineering Best Practices
Duration: 3 Days
Class Size: 15 Maximum
Credits: Up to 2.4 CEUs or 24 Professional Development Hours
Scheduled Course Price: $1800
For information on scheduling a course at your location or for other questions, please contact sales.