Receive training you need to help prepare you for a modern grid, power plant and industrial facility.
All Doble protection training courses are presented in an easy to understand format with real life case studies and examples for a truly unique training experience.
Choose which courses are right for you and your team. Classes are geared towards engineers, technicians, supervisors and managers who are involved with protection assets.
Due to COVID-19, we are conducting all in-person courses in a virtual format. These online courses are in lieu of in-person trainings. The courses have been broken down into truncated sessions (2, 4 or 8 hour courses) appropriate for learning in a virtual environment. Please click on the Virtual Courses tab to view a listing of all of our course offerings.
- Basic Essentials of Protection
- Current Transformers
- Fault Calculations & Symmetrical Components
- Fundamentals of Renewables
- Generator Protection
- High Speed Protection & End-to-End Testing
- Line Differential-Theory and Testing Procedure
- Line Protection Using Step Distance and High Speed Communication
- Motor Protection
- Relay Application and Hands on Testing of Distance Elements of a Microprocessor relay
- Relay Application and Hands-On Testing of Overcurrent Elements of a Microprocessor Relay
- Relay Application and Hands-On Testing of Overcurrent Relays (Electromechanical)
- RTS Developer
- RTS Essentials
- System & Generator Neutral Grounding
- Transformer Differential Application & Testing of Differential Function
MEET THE PRESENTERS:
Ed Khan has been with Doble for 6 years working in various capacities including product manager for protection tested related instruments. Currently, he is the Director of Protection R&D and Training at Doble.
Prior to Doble, Mr. Khan has worked for GE, ABB, SEL, KEMA and others in various capacities. He has 33 years of experience in system studies, protection applications, relay design, teaching and product management. He has a thorough knowledge about product development, protection, harmonic analysis, harmonic filter design, stability studies, Real Time Digital Simulations and more. He has presented courses on behalf of Doble in US and overseas and has been an invited speaker for utilities and industrial customers in Southeast Asia, Middle East, Mexico, India and China.
Katherine George is a Training Specialist and has been with ENOSERV for two years. She provides customer training and consulting services for implementing and using RTS software. In addition, Ms. George is responsible for maintaining and updating the RTS User Guides and training materials. Before joining ENOSERV, she was a professional services consultant and trainer with TMA Systems, where she was responsible for customer implementations, training and database management.
Doble Engineering Company is accredited by the International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET). Doble complies with the ANSI/IACET Standard, which is recognized internationally as a standard of excellence in instructional practices. As a result of this accreditation, Doble Engineering Company is accredited to issue the IACET CEU.
“I have been to a lot of classes. This class and instructor far outperform those classes.”
– Brian Parisher, Pedernales Electric Coop.
“Excellent class. Need more like this.”
– Tommy Mitchell, Entergy Corporation
“Definitely the best training course I have been to.”
– Trevor Brown, Eaton Corporation
“The training was very useful in understanding the fundamental of protection with topics being covered in detail.”
– Jaikishan Khemnani, Dubai Petroleum
“This was one of the most clear presentations of differential protections I have ever seen.”
– Robert Baldwin, Southern California Edison
“Ed is very knowledgeable & explains things very well.”
– Robert Ogden, Entergy
“It was worth travelling 10,000 miles to attend the Basics of Protection for Utilities course.”
– Inder Sood, Valiant Communications
“This training conducted by Ed Khan is the best I have received while employed by Entergy.”
– Kane Berthelot, Entergy Corporation