This interactive 3-5 day seminar combines theoretical background with practical field experience to provide engineers and technicians with the vital knowledge for off-line electrical testing of power transformers and other high-voltage electrical apparatus. For each test, there will be an in-depth discussion of each measurement, physics behind the measurement, setup and test methodology and acceptance criteria. In-depth discussion of each measurement, its purpose and expected results. Doble specialists will train you to review and decipher apparatus test results so that they are clear and easy to understand.
Learn from Doble’s collection experience from working with 1,000’s of transmission, distribution, generation and industrial clients globally.
Practical field testing demonstrations could extend training for a fourth and fifth day provided they can be coordinated well in advance along with information about objects to be tested.
Upon completion of this course, the participant will be able to:
- Understand the various off-line electrical tests at factory acceptance, transportation, installation and over asset life-cycle.
- Establish benchmark results to significantly increase diagnostic value of future tests.
- Understand when to perform specific off-line routine tests, off-line diagnostic tests and in-service diagnostic tests.
- Recognize different equipment test arrangements for different transformer designs.
- Correlate electrical test result with insulating test results.
- Interpret test results, case studies and numerous field examples.
- Improve asset management through accurate electrical asset condition assessment.
- Manage critical asset risk by learning to detect faults early.
Electrical engineers, managers and technicians working in operations, maintenance, engineering, or other service field in which knowledge of electrical testing methods and evaluation is required part of job responsibility.
- Dielectric Theory & Application
- Safety During Testing
- Bushing Testing
- Power Factor & Capacitance Measurements
- Excitation Current – How to make good measurements, pattern recognition and variation based on transformer design.
- Turns Ratio
- Leakage Reactance
- Sweep Frequency Response Analysis
- Winding Resistance
- Insulating Fluid Basics and How to Take a Proper Oil Sample
- Interactive Case Studies
Title: Transformer Off-Line Electrical Field Testing
Duration: Three to Five Days
Class Size: 8 -15 Attendees
Credits: Up to 2.4 CEUs or 24 Professional Development Hours
Scheduled Course Price: $1600