This interactive 2-day course focuses on theoretical background with practical field experience to provide engineers and technicians with the vital knowledge for offline electrical testing of current transformers. For each test, there will be an in-depth discussion of each measurement, physics behind the measurement, setup and test methodology, and acceptance criteria. There will be an in-depth discussion of each measurement, its purpose, and expected results. A Vanguard specialist will provide training to decipher and review apparatus test results so that they are clear and easy to understand.
Upon completion of this course, the participant will be able to:
- Understand the role and operation of current transformers
- Expedite substation commissioning
- Understand when to perform routine off-line tests
- Interpret test results from numerous case study field examples
- Effectively create test plans using the manufacturer’s current transformer specifications
- Confidently use the Vanguard EZCT product line and EZCT-2000 software to perform routine CT tests
- Improve asset management through accurate electrical asset condition assessment
Substation test technicians working in operations, maintenance, engineering, or other service field in which knowledge of current transformers testing methods and evaluation is a required part of their job responsibilities.
An experienced Vanguard Engineer or Technical Application Engineer.
Title: Current Transformer Testing Fundamentals
Duration: 2 Days
Class Size: 8-15
Credits: Up to 1.6 CEUs or 16 Professional Development Hours
Register for Scheduled Class:
Jun. 23-24 | Ontario, CA
Scheduled Course Price: $1000
For information on scheduling a course at your location or for other questions, please contact sales.