Increase asset reliability by understanding transformer health
Transformer condition assessment services from Doble provide a solid foundation for effective maintenance programs based on industry best practices. No one can precisely answer when equipment will fail, but it’s essential to manage the risk. Whether evaluating an individual unit or a fleet of transformers, assessment is complex and requires experienced engineers, chemists and technicians using numerous evaluation criteria to establish transformer health or end-of-life. We leverage the resources of our extensive knowledgebase and experienced team of more than 70 engineers to deliver the highest level of consulting services and knowledge-based solutions.
- Unbiased, expert assessment of each asset including criticality and consequences of failure
- Recommends maintenance strategies for each asset based on risk assessment
- Enables limited maintenance budgets to be targeted toward critical and/or problematic units
- Develops metrics to evaluate maintenance program effectiveness or improvement initiatives
Asset Health Review
Doble will review operations, maintenance, DGA, loading history and abnormal event service records given to Doble by the customer. This review will give an overview of transformer condition and provide a basis for additional investigation.
On-site Condition Assessment
This assessment determines the fitness of the transformer for continued service. It includes a review of the asset health review report, an external visual inspection and a full suite of off-line tests. The customer will receive a comprehensive report indicating areas of concern and recommendations.
Asset Management Strategy
A transformer condition assessment from Doble is a process, not a one-time event. Customers can update the risk assessment either internally or with the help of Doble for annual budget preparation. The assessment generates recommended maintenance strategies and objectives which can be used to evaluate maintenance program effectiveness or improvement initiatives.
- ADVANCED & ROUTINE TESTING
- CONSULTING SERVICES
- FORENSIC ANALYSIS
- ONLINE SUBSTATION SURVEYS
- PARTIAL DISCHARGE (PD) TESTING