Verify the proper operation of automatic circuit reclosers using simulated fault conditions. These systems provide a variable high current output, a computer-controlled impedance compensation circuit, and the instrumentation required to efficiently test nearly all single or three phase direct acting reclosers and sectionalizers. They can also be used for primary injection testing of electronically controlled reclosers.
Simple operation with computer-based controls and WINRCL software provides automation of testing procedures, storage of test data, and test report generation.
Both models will perform the following three main tests, display and record the results.
- Minimum Pickup Test – determines
the reclosers minimum operating point
(usually two times the rating to the coil).
- Sequence Test – verifies the proper
operating sequence of the recloser
- Sectionalizer Test – performed by
pulsing current to the sectionalizer to
stimulate a recloser in operation and
the normal sequence to reach lock-out.
Verify the proper operation of automatic circuit reclosers under simulated fault conditions
Efficiently test virtually all single or three phase direct acting reclosers and sectionalizers
Perform primary injection testing of electronically controlled reclosers
- Complete computer control provides fully automated test procedures
- Simple operation and precise results increase operator productivity, efficiency and accuracy
- High accuracy measurement of circuit, full waveform representation, and true RMS value of current pulse
- ISO17025 calibration upon request
- Circuit breaker protection
- Overload and over temperature protection
- Short circuit protection
- Output current indicator red-green light
- Output will be terminated if the recloser exceeds the allowed time to lock-out
- Emergency Off pushbutton
- Security circuit
- Thermal overload protection
- Desktop Computer and WIN RCL software included
- Interface port for optional printer
- Casters with brakes for ease of mobility
- Tow ring and lifting eyes
- Operation/maintenance manual
The Recloser Test Set is able to perform, display and record the following tests:
- Minimum Trip Current – This test determines the recloser’s minimum operating point (usually two times the rating of the coil). The test is performed automatically by increasing the current flow through the recloser’s operating coil until operation begins. The computer will detect, measure, and display this current level. The test set will continue to raise the current after recording the minimum trip current in order to determine recloser lock out.
- Time/Current Characteristics – This test determines operating characteristics of the recloser by subjecting it to simulated fault conditions, at recommended current levels. The current, trip times, reclose times and total clearing time are automatically measured and displayed on the computer screen.
- Sequence of Operations – This test verifies the number and sequence of operations of the recloser until lockout. The computer displays a warning if too many or too few operations occur.
- Operating Times – The computer records and displays the elapsed time of each operation.
- Reclosing Times – The computer records and displays the interval between each operation.
- Total Clearing Time – The computer records and displays the total elapsed time until lockout.
- Sectionalizer Lockout Test – This test is performed by pulsing current through the sectionalizer to simulate a recloser operation so that the section- alizer goes through its normal sequence to reach lockout.
Build a test template library to re-use template data that is common from one recloser to another. Eliminate the need to manually adjust the output current for every recloser tested. Templates also store the tap and vernier position used at each test level. Recall a recloser’s original test settings and the vernier will be automatically positioned for each test.
Store test reports electronically. The RCL software keeps a history of all recloser and sectionalizer tests that have been performed. You can sort by a particular test item and organize how you want the results to appear. Browse the results menu to find a previous test or see the most recent test highlighted. Search for a specific result by clicking the search field and entering a search value. Previous test data is at your fingertips. Click Test Report to generate a report that can be previewed on screen before sending it to a printer.