This 4-hour virtual training is designed for technicians who are seeking to enhance your knowledge in the area of relay protection. Attend this training to become proficient in testing protection schemes and troubleshooting. You need to get basic electrical theory that will help you perform effective testing of relays and also conduct diagnostics. This diagnosis is needed during testing relay protection system and will help you analyze misoperations of relays during system faults.
- Basic electrical theory
- Basic relay protection theory
- IEEE device numbers
- Become familiar with various protection related drawings
- Types of protection used in a power system
- Brief description of each type of protection
- Transformer connections
- Testing procedures for testing different types of protection
This training will be presented by Ed Khan of Doble Engineering Company.
CEU credits are available.
NETA CTDS can be requested directly from NETA upon presentation of the course completion certificate.