Our customized solution will provide an independent, objective third-party expert asset health assessment of critical transformers, including:
- Initial review of existing test data to assess technical condition
- Color-coded classification of assessment condition
- General condition overview to identify units that are at greatest degree of reliability risk
- Prioritize areas that would benefit from a more detailed in-service or off-line investigation
- Unbiased, expert assessment of each asset including criticality and consequences of failure
- Recommends maintenance strategies for each asset based on risk assessment
- Enables limited maintenance budgets to be targeted toward critical and/or problematic units
- Develops metrics to evaluate maintenance program effectiveness or improvement initiatives
Doble is the trusted, independent consulting, condition assessment and testing expert, with more than 100 years of experience partnering with clients to complement in-house expertise. Doble has assembled a team of experienced transformer consulting engineers with expertise unmatched by any independent engineering company. Doble is uniquely qualified based on the following critical project success factors:
Proven Transformer Reliability Assessment Method
With hundreds of satisfied clients worldwide, Doble is the industry leader in managing the risk of ageing power transformers. Achieving a successful risk assessment depends upon having an in-depth understanding of the performance of the design groups, past and future operating conditions and an effective analysis process.
Independent Expert Opinion
Doble is a neutral, third party, not affiliated with transformer manufacturers and does not have a vested interest in a specific design technology or philosophy. Doble’s only focus is to safeguard the interest of clients regardless of the technology used in the equipment’s construction.
Extensive Global Experience
Clients gain access to a global group of transformer design engineers with unparalleled transformer consulting, design, condition assessment, laboratory and test engineering experience who are actively involved in IEEE, CIGRE and other transformer standards bodies. Our team has extensive experience with more than 50 different transformer manufacturing factories in over 20 countries.
Doble Database and MyDoble Portal
These client resources contain decades of statistically significant data including over 60 million test results on over 350,000 different types of electrical apparatus, manufacturers’ service advisories, and thousands of documented client experiences in the form of technical reports, case studies and conference presentations.